Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ferraby, Houdini, and Me

So lately I've been listening a lot to a dude with a great name: Ferraby Lionheart. There is no way that is his real name, but I couldn't care less.
The Lionheart himself. I don't think he went
on any Crusades, though.


He's a California native, who lived in Nashville for a while, picked up some alt-country-folk-pop-whatever vibes, and then moved back to Cali.
His music is pretty catchy and it makes me wish I had bothered to look him up while the summer was still young.
The GOOD SONG of his that I am posting here is called "Harry and Bess."
Instead of just an audio file, I'm giving you the link to the video. Why? H'okay, so Ferraby IS his real first name. He's named after John Ferraby, a famous Baha'i leader. So, whatever, right? BUT his new music video for this song has guess who in it? A fellow member of the Baha'i faith that you probably HAVE heard of.


You guessed it!
Rainn Wilson from The Office!
Check out the great song/goof-tastic video here: Harry and Bess Video




By the way, that's Harry and Bess as in Harry and Bess Houdini. The song is about how during an almost-failed-escape-attempt, Bess Houdini came and slipped a key to Harry... in her kiss!
Pretty romantic and awesome.
Nice underpantaloons, Bess. 


"Kiss me, one, two, three, pass the magic key, and get me outta here!"


I have to admit, though, I had a hard time deciding between three songs of his to post: Harry and Bess, My Name, and Holdin' Me Back. Do yourself a favor and check em out as well.


You can buy his music here: Mr. Lionheart


If you like this song of his, you might also, perchance, like:

Andrew Bird
Elvis Perkins
Luke Temple
Dr. Dog
Paul Burch






(Note: this was supposed to be my fourth post, not my third. But I'm having some technical issues, so I had to post this one. If anyone has any advice about how to deal with quicktime audio files simply showing up as a question mark, let me know.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much. Currently obsessed.
    Now checking out a couple of the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete