Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best of 2010

My 11.5 favoritest albums from 2010, in no particular order...


Arcade Fire- The Suburbs
GOOD SONG: Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)


Sufjan Stevens- Age of Adz
GOOD SONG: Get Real Get Right


Florence + the Machine- Lungs
GOOD SONG: Hurricane Drunk


Josh Ritter- So Runs The World Away
GODO SONG: The Curse


LCD Soundsystem- This Is Happening
GOOD SONG: I Can Change


Deer Tick- The Black Dirt Sessions
GOOD SONG: Mange


Justin Townes Earle- Harlem River Blues
GOOD SONG: One More Night in Brooklyn


Delta Spirit- History From Below
GOOD SONG: Salt in the Wound


The National- High Violet
GOOD SONG: Bloodbuzz Ohio


The Black Keys- Brothers
GOOD SONG: Ten Cent Pistol




Tallest Man on Earth- The Wild Hunt
GOOD SONG: King of Spain


(note: his EP "Sometimes the Blues Is Just a Passing Bird" is also awesome and gets an honorary mention on this list. GOOD SONG: Thrown Right At Me)


What were YOUR favoritest? What do you think I left out? What would you not have included?

Over and out,
Anna

P.S. Merry Christmas (it's still Christmas time for another 10 days) and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. I think Deer Tick was on mine, too. very good stuff. but, arcade fire?...as much as i wanted it to, it didnt make my top 10. not that i was expecting another 'neon bible' from them (which is in my top 10 of all time). i guess every band needs an album thats just kinda 'meh'. for me, 'suburbs' was that album. good stuff, had its moments, but a bit of a let-down

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I was the opposite. I like Neon Bible, but I was kinda disappointed with it. I LOVE Suburbs. It's one of those albums I find myself constantly listening to.
    Deer Tick was surprisingly good, though.
    De gustibus non disputandum est, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...huh?...a bus hit my duodenum?...what??...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means "there is no arguing about taste."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to include "Ghost of a Man" by Paul Cary, "Singing Ax" by J. Tillman, and "Have One On Me" by Joanna Newsom.

    ReplyDelete