Friday, September 2, 2011

The Week in Review, Part 1

So, I was out of town for a while (again), this time in Italy, and it was hard to do a lot of posts. Which is sad-making, since August now only has two posts, and it's my one-year anniversary of the blog!
To make up for it, I am going to do two little "Week in Review" posts, since it seems like a LOT has happened in the past week or so.

First up?
THE VIRGINIA EARTHQUAKE!
I'm kinda sad I missed this, I gotta admit.
It's true-- it was kinda a big nothing.
GOOD (EARTHQUAKE) SONG: Earthquake Weather- Beck
From his album Guero, which was awesome.

Next?
HURRICANE IRENE!
GOOD (HURRICANE) SONG #1: Buckets of Rain- Bob Dylan
From my favorite Dylan album, Blood on the Tracks (which has my two all-time favorite Dylan songs, which I will not reveal here, since I might post on them sometime...). Obviously the Dylan song "Hurricane" would have been appropriate, too, but it seemed a bit *too* obvious. And it also has nothing to do with a real hurricane.

GOOD (HURRICANE) SONG #2: Have You Ever Seen the Rain?- Creedence Clearwater Revival
I grew up listening to this on tape in my minivan as my mother and I would drive to upstate NY. Great to listen to on a back porch during a rainstorm, if you have the chance. You can't get much better than CCR.
They've seen the rain alright... the reign of TERRIBLE HAIRCUTS.
GOOD (HURRICANE) SONG #3: Irene- Caribou
Seemed appropriate.  I love the chill electronica of Caribou. It's sort of melancholy, like the rain. Dan Snaith, the man behind Caribou, is a genius.

OK so he is a genius. Which clearly means bat-sh*t crazy, too.
I like that.
To be continued...

Over and out,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment