Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love and the Lack Thereof: February Post #2

And now for something completely different (no, not that):

Sorry boys,  she's taken.
So my brother's friend's family runs a jazz music label, called MaxJazz. They have some really great artists on the label, including a gal named Erin Bode (pronounced Bo-dee).  Through the label, my brother (and then me) discovered her music, and I have to admit, I've been pleasantly surprised. As I have mentioned before, I am not normally a huge jazz fan, and I know little about it, but some of her stuff is great. She's released six albums, so if you like her, then you should be happily perusing through her catalog for a while.

I especially love her GOOD (LOVE) SONG Don't Take Your Time.

Her voice is jazzy and light, and even though I am not always a fan of that sort of vocal style, it works fantastically. I like that the lyrics are pretty simple. It's a very common thought amongst those who are in love and wanting to be with their loved one: Don't take your time!
Also, the sax and piano are great. Apparently, she's married to her bassist (aw).

If you liked this song, you might also check out:

Norah Jones (obviously)
Carla Cook
Gretchen Parlato

I wish I could name more but I just don't know this genre very well.

Hope you enjoyed! More GOOD (LOVE) SONGS on the way...

Over and out,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment