Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love and the Lack Thereof: February Post #5

Here comes another one, folks!

GOOD (LOVE) SONG: Honey Come Home by The Head and The Heart
The Head(s) and The Heart(s) in the Tree(s)

First off, I love the band's name. It's perfect! Reconciling our heads and our hearts is basically what human life is all about. I approve.

But about the band: They're based in Seattle, and so far have released one self-titled album. They came out to play in DC recently, opening for Dr. Dog and I missed them. Damn!

About the song: It's a husband (I'm assuming a husband, since it's mainly the male singers singing) begging his wife to come back. The lyrics are really moving to me. There is no bitterness, no anger, just love and repentance, and and understanding of what really matters:

"Oh God I love my vices
but they've taken me to places
that I'd never thought I'd go
and I'm ready to be home
And I think of every spark,
every whisper in the dark,
now it's time
Just wanna die with the one I love
Just wanna die with the one I love... beside me."

What a love song!

I love that song, but honestly, I think I may like this other song of theirs even more. It's not a love song, but I just had to include it in this post because it's amazing:
Lost In My Mind (the video is kinda random).

BUY THEIR MUSIC HERE: The Head and The Heart
If you liked this song, you might also check out:

Ivan & Alyosha (I'll probably post about them later)
The Avett Brothers
Delta Spirit
Justin Townes Earle
Mumford & Sons
A.A. Bondy
Dawes
Blue Giant

Over and out!
Anna

P.S. If you sign up for their mailing list on their website, you can get two free mp3 downloads!

No comments:

Post a Comment